Prescott Raceway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mel wins super street!

+4
jackie lewis
1FastZ28
1badshark
2slowtorace
8 posters

Go down

Mel wins super street! Empty Mel wins super street!

Post by 2slowtorace Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Well it didn't happen the way anyone wanted it to, but in the end Mel held off bobby for the points win. For those who weren't there, mother nature decided the outcome. Bobby qualified number 2, and had Mel in the first round. It was all gonna come down to 1 run! Then the rain came. Bobby, Mel, and the track officials had a discusion. At first they wanted to finish the race next weekend with the field already set. Mel could not make the 6 hr drive next weekend, and the Tydo cars could not make the trip either, so there was no way to postpone the race again. Although the track and drivers wanted to settle this once and for all, mother nature won out. Bobby agreed to give the points to Mel, and the track also agreed, they shook hands like men, and its finally settled!

So in the end, Mel got paid, and takes the 2012 points!

Congrats Mel!

And congrats Bobby on 2nd, and giving Mel a hell of a run!

2slowtorace

Back to top Go down

Mel wins super street! Empty Re: Mel wins super street!

Post by 1badshark Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:31 am

no no no Auston, I was just kidding like I told Mel I have worked to hard to just give my Championship away, We will race at prescott anytime that is good for him this year just let me know if not he forfits and I win hate to be that way but that is the way its has to be, Shit he dont want to win like that anyways.

1badshark

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FastZ28 Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:36 am

SORRY MEL BUT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THAT EASY. BETTER GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. Bobby has worked to hard for this and is not going to just give it away that easy. We were at SGMP 1 Week ago and Bobby droped a Valve took out Piston, Head and Turbo Staying up every night and spending a SHIT LOAD of money he got the Shark back together and was getting ready to spoil Mels day. Bobby went 4.77 Sunday and Mel never left the starting line better think of somthing but as it stands now the TWO have a race to settle. The two want this very bad so good luck to both.
1FastZ28
1FastZ28

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FastZ28 Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:44 am

Re: Outlaw Points after August 18th
by 2slowtorace on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 pm

.What sucks is people run most of the season watching the points. There is alot of strategy goes into every weekend based off of the points system. Going back to the first race, I think Mel and Bobby would have more points. but who knows how strategy would have played out along the season if things were changed. For those reasons I think the only fair thing to do is leave the points where they are going into the final race. Even if you give Mel 6 points and Bobby 6, or Mel 6 and Bobby 12, its still a 3 point difference and will come down to who makes it further in rounds on the 15th.

Just my opinion. I say let them run!
1FastZ28
1FastZ28

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FastZ28 Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 am

I Say the same Auston Let Them Run ^^^^^
1FastZ28
1FastZ28

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie lewis Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 am

FIRST OF ALL.....It WAS NOT a track decision on what happened. Bobby made the decision because there was no reasoning with Mel. I guess because of personal stuff from here to Christmas, Mel said he was not going to beable to come back and run at Prescott. Mel is welcomed at Prescott anytime. This will not be settled at CENTERVILLE, TULSA, OR HOLLY SPRINGS!!!! This needs to be settled between Bobby and Mel at Prescott, at Halloween Havoc. October 27th. If we do not do this...it will not be settled the right way. We all know this not about money or a trophy, it's about who is really number one and can say I'm the man. Jackie Lewis, TRACK OWNER
jackie lewis
jackie lewis

Back to top Go down

Post by MelC105 Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:06 pm

MelC105

Back to top Go down

Post by ronniemusgrove Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

good job mel you deserve it

ronniemusgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor68s Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Things should have been left the way they were when it was announced at the end of the race, when the rain began! The Field was set and would be rescheduled! Winning a race by a shake of a hand... uummmm not a real way to win a race! Think thats just a way out of an all balls out race!! Since when did racing come down to a hand shake... every one knew the chances for rain... everyone knew that the race might be called! If you wanted to be in it to win it, you should be prepared to make the trip as many times as it took to make that win the real way! just saying... as much time as has been spent on these forums arguing who is better... yall could have loaded up and ran that race 10 times over! And believe me I wanna see who wins this... <--- the right way!! lol!

Taylor68s

Back to top Go down

Post by jackie lewis Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 am

thanks, well said
jackie lewis
jackie lewis

Back to top Go down

Post by ronniemusgrove Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm

then why shake hands if that was his outlook he should have never shook hands

ronniemusgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor68s Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Your very Welcome Jackie!!

Taylor68s

Back to top Go down

Post by ronniemusgrove Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 pm

ronniemusgrove wrote:good job mel you deserve it

ronniemusgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by MelC105 Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the congratulatory calls, texts and emails- not to mention the support on all the forum boards - I've received the past 36 hours! It really has been overwhelming. I had no idea so many people even paid attention to the Super Street points race, let alone the series.

Now with the points fuss, turns out there are are LOTS watching how things get handled from here.

MelC105

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine4x67 Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Taylor68s wrote: Things should have been left the way they were when it was announced at the end of the race, when the rain began! The Field was set and would be rescheduled! Winning a race by a shake of a hand... uummmm not a real way to win a race! Think thats just a way out of an all balls out race!! Since when did racing come down to a hand shake... every one knew the chances for rain... everyone knew that the race might be called! If you wanted to be in it to win it, you should be prepared to make the trip as many times as it took to make that win the real way! just saying... as much time as has been spent on these forums arguing who is better... yall could have loaded up and ran that race 10 times over! And believe me I wanna see who wins this... <--- the right way!! lol!

I agree 100000000%. The race was originally scheduled for the following Sunday (again) and it should have ended at that. There's no way I would feel good about someone "giving" me the points win at the last race because of a rain out. Hell the ONLY reason I won last year was being there every weekend and then got lucky at the last race by winning and squeaked by.

If you're in the points and can't be there every weekend then obviously you should know there's a good chance you won't end up first. Your fault or not, it's not the opponents fault you can't make it to defend your points if a race is rescheduled.

Blaine4x67

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FastZ28 Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm just very thankful that nobody got hurt in that mad dash on that 800 Polaris looked very scary from my trailer.
1FastZ28
1FastZ28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum