rules discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rules discussion

Post by jackie lewis on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:50 pm

The discussion of rules has gone on long enough. It is time to move on to a different topic. Jackie admits he broke rule #16. But had he followed this rule, would it have affected the outcome of the race? No it would not. Jackie made his decision based on trying to finish the event in a timely manner and also from a safety stand point. The later in the night we race dew tends to fall on the track. Just trying to do what is best for the safety of the racers, spectators and staff. As far as I know it is not possible to turn time back. We can only go forward. I don't know what anyone expects us to do to make this right in everyone's eyes. We can only promise from now on NO rules will be altered or broken by ANYONE. So if that means we race all night then that is what we will do. But DO NOT start whining when the races are going late, the track gets slick from dew or whatever the situation may be. Be careful what you ask for you may tend to get what you ask for. For once I would like for these events to be enjoyed by everyone, no one fuss or feel they are being slighted by someone. We have the unique opportunity to race, go fast and set records at a first class track. As I have said over and over we have the best staff of any track I have been to.. They all go above and beyond what is asked of them and sometimes it feels all we get in return is complaints. Why can't we all just get along? Jackie and I along with our staff take racing very seriously but we also have to look out for safety concerns. We wish we could please everyone everytime but that is not humanely possible. In the future if you feel rules are being broken or that you have been overlooked in some way PLEASE speak up BEFORE you run the round. We may can avoid all of this confusion if we are aware while there is time to look at the particular situation. I do ask that we all look at the blessings we have and not only look at what has made us mad. There are people that wish they could race but for whatever the reason may not be able to. Racers have a talent and opportunity that many wish they had. Let's all try to set a positive view of racing and racersbecause we never know who may be watching the examples we set. Let's not let Prescott Raceway be known as a place where people argue and can't get along. Thank you for your time and please consider what I have said. Velvet Lewis
jackie lewis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: rules discussion

Post by Will Triplet on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Very well said. Thank you Mrs.Velvet
Will Triplet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oilfield Trash on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Never have had a problem at the track and Always have a good time.
The track crew has gone beyond our expectations to help us out a couple of times.
Dougan loaned us a nitrous bottle when ours took a crap and even pulled a rocker arm off of his car to get us into a race when we broke one.
Thanks for providing us with a place to race and a BIG thank you t Jackie, Velvet and the crew.
Now lets race.
Oilfield Trash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1FastZ28 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Velvet Lewis for President!!
1FastZ28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Triplet on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:54 pm

1FastZ28 wrote:Velvet Lewis for President!!

I second that motion.... Very Happy
Will Triplet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crewmember on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:36 pm

I miss the good ol' days when there was too much trash talk to worry about the rules in classes yu don't even run. What happened to all the trash talk?

Crewmember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MelC105 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Crewmember wrote:I miss the good ol' days when there was too much trash talk to worry about the rules in classes yu don't even run. What happened to all the trash talk?

Some are just too damn "sensitive" and get their feelings hurt during trash talk. Seems those that can dish it out but can't take it themselves just start their own forum boards so they can protect their sensitive side. Makes sense to me.

MelC105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paulpattonproductions on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Mel you can join me on the BAN list
paulpattonproductions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MelC105 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Paul, I'm sooooo there already! ha ha ha!!!

MelC105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Triplet on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah Paul!!! that's why he's over here trying to stir up trouble..LOL
Will Triplet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MelC105 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Will Triplet wrote:Yeah Paul!!! that's why he's over here trying to stir up trouble..LOL

I just call it like I see it. Guess Jackie can ban me from here too. Figure I'll get booted out of Super Street before too long too.

MelC105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paulpattonproductions on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 pm

as long as it doesnt get to rude crude and indifferent, no banning going on
paulpattonproductions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oilfield Trash on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm

I am by far not to bashful to talk trash...Hell I have a degree in it. pirat
Just don't have no dog in this fight to bash anyone about. Very Happy
I have been accused of getting tracks closed and owners banned from sites because of my trash talking....guess they were just to Politically correct Laughing Laughing
Oilfield Trash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpullerman on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 am

Well said Velvet. You, Jackie and the crew do an outstanding job. cheers
bigpullerman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by candyjnoz@yahoo.com on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:42 am

Velvet, well said and I couldn't agree more about the track staff and you and Jackie! Thanks for all you do. This isn't about the racers notifying someone if they been slighted, it's about a discussion happening before we decide to break a ruke orior to it happening with the folks involved. It's happened in the past and I felt comfortable with being asked if I would agree.When that doesn't happen, then this king of action is emnent. That's all from my side and point of view. When we agree on that approach, I will be the thank all publically

candyjnoz@yahoo.com

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Triplet on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 am

I believe the statement "We can only promise from now on NO rules will be altered or broken by ANYONE. "should prevent this kind of incident. just my 1 cent.
Will Triplet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum